I really enjoyed Letterman's top ten lists and miss them. My husband sneaked a radio to listen to sports at night when he was a kid and I sneaked into the living room to watch David Letterman's top 10 list. Sometimes I didn't even have to sneak, I'd just sit next to my Dad and watch. So I've been mulling over this list below for a while. This list is more of an inside joke for other CF families in the world but I got a kick out of writing it. I kept changing it, probably could have made it a top 20 list, but here's my try on a little Letterman top ten list.
Top 10 Signs You Might Be A Cystic Fibrosis Family
You Might Be A CF Family If:
10. You get excited when Miralax goes on sale.
9. Your kid is best friends with the school nurse.
8. You require two gallons of half and half per week.
7. You know what it means to “flush the line.”
6. You carry applesauce with you wherever you go.
5. Your collection and variety of sizes of syringes makes you proud.
4. You’ve mastered the art of getting a baby to swallow the contents of 4 pills in the dark, in a movie theatre, at the zoo, mini golfing, camping, and many other strange and exotic places.
3. You have several creative uses for IV split gauze, or even know what IV split gauze is.
2. Your kids aren’t allowed to flush the toilet until you inspect their poop.
1. You know what a “virtual line” is at Disneyland, and you dream of it at the grocery store.
Now to the business of the rest of this weeks blog post. I wanted to highlight some of my favorite pictures from this week.
First off we have baby Ruby, who is talking and interacting so much lately that we probably shouldn't call her baby Ruby anymore but we won't stop and you can't make us. She was indulged in some necklaces this week and we had to tackle her to get them off for bed time.