I realize we are just getting started helping our children and family as a whole unit live and succeed with chronic disease. We have definitely had more experiences in the hospital and at the doctors than an average family, but know there are other families that absolutely have had more experience than us. Watching each of our infants experience at some point an extended hospitalization left us feeling confused, afraid, lost, guilty, and often very angry. In the beginning I remember a toe to toe nose to nose discussion with one pulmonologist on call one day in the hospital with my 7 month old son (who heart breakingingly screamed bloody murder through every IV). The pulmonologist told me to “get used to this mom, you have to get used to this, you have children with a chronic disease you need to expect weeks in the hospital.” I was furious. I told her I refused to accept the hospital as normal and I refused to quit asking to go home as soon as we could as often as I could. She never came back to our room, and I never saw her again. She asked another pulmonologist to handle us (lets be honest me). I think I would like to let her know now that I apologize and I understand. I’m not happy about it, and it still feel angry about it a lot of the time but I understand that being intermittently hospitalized is part of my children’s life. We also understand that our emotions are second to helping our kids do their best to prevail with positivity and hope. Our attitude will be mirrored and magnified in them especially if it’s a negative one.

Monday, August 29, 2016

My Gospel Standards Coloring Book PDF for FREE

I finally took the time to figure out how to link to a PDF from my blog. Here is a link to "My Gospel Standards Coloring Book." This is something that I enjoyed doing so much I went through and re-did it a second time to improve it. I am excited to share it and hope that kids will enjoy it or that it can be used for teaching opportunities.

I love to hand letter and illustrate so much and have so many project ideas! So hopefully I won't take so long to complete the next one to share that I forget how to upload a PDF link in the mean time. I know that this is such a miniscule step but I am seriously flexing my "tech" muscles right now.






No comments:

Post a Comment